The team at Yamaha NZ and the NZ Jet Sports Boating Assn have been working closely on getting a new Yamaha ‘Superjet Cup’ up and running this upcoming season.
The intention of the class is to encourage close affordable racing for new and novice riders, whilst protecting the manufactures factory three year warranty on late model craft.
2015/16 Yamaha SuperJet Cup Rules
The cup will be run separately in the North and South Islands with all competitors welcome to the Nationals to compete for a national title. To compete for your Islands Cup you must attend all available rounds in your respective island with the worst round being dropped from your points. There will be trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd in each island with prize money being drawn from a hat to encourage all competitors to race and to discourage racers from not complying with the intention of the class.
- Ride Plate may be Replaced or Modified *
- Intake Grate may be Replaced or Modified **
- Sponsons may be added***
- Handle Bars and Grips may be changed, bars fitted with a cross bar require a cross bar pad.
- Finger Throttle maybe changed
- Steering pivot pad cover maybe removed
- Mat Kits may be fitted
- Hull Graphics are open****
- Spine Protectors must be worn *****
*In accordance with IJBSA rule 6.2.5
** In accordance with IJSBA rule 6.2.4
*** in accordance with IJSBA rule 6.2.3
**** in accordance with IJSBE rule 17.11.3 & 17.11.4
***** in accordance with IJBSA rule 17.3.4
Any year Superjet can be used as long as it is stock and remains within the Superjet Cup Rules.