DOWNLOAD YOUR INFO HERE
Just added 23/02/16
>>Further information for Riders
>> Welcome to the 2016 NZJSBA Nationals
>> Rider Registration Form
17 – 20 March, Kinloch, Lake Taupo
The Auckland Jet Ski Riders Association is proud to host this year’s Nationals to be held on the Lakefront Reserve at Kinloch, 20 km Northwest of Taupo. Kinloch is a small village with beautiful views South, over the lake, toward National Park. While it has a local store and petrol (95 only) and diesel available at the marina it has few other amenities. You are advised to bring food and provisions with you or you can shop in Taupo, a 20 minute drive away. Avgas is available at Taupo Airport, by arrangement. Food vendors will be on site on race days.
There are no Motels or Hotels in Kinloch but holiday homes are abundant and can be found and booked at holidayhouses.co.nz; holidayhomes.co.nz; or bookabach.co.nz. Most accommodation is within easy walking distance of the race venue. For those that prefer hotel and motel options Taupo is an easy 20 minute drive from the race venue.
With only seven weeks until the event competitors have until 10.00pm on Monday 7 March to register (without incurring a late registration fee of $100.00). At this stage we are offering up to 15 classes. Should insufficient numbers be received for any class you will be advised of the option to enter another class or receive a refund of your entry.
All classes will be held over at least two days, with the exception of novice classes, with racing beginning on Friday and continuing through to Sunday afternoon. The course will be set up from 2pm Thursday to allow competitors an afternoon of controlled practice. This will be strictly controlled by AJSRA officials and managed under race conditions in time slots for both pole skis and runabouts. Access to the course will only be permitted once all formalities have been completed i.e. DOC clearance, registration and scrutineering.
A limited number of pit tents will be available to hire at ($500.00 each). They must be booked and paid for with your registration. These are on a first come, first serve basis. Security will patrol the venue from Thursday night through to Monday morning.
Strict conditions govern the use of the reserve.
- All craft and personal gear MUST be officially checked and sprayed for waterweed and bacteria and in order to comply with DOC regulations prior to launching.
- It is recommended that skis are launched at the Kinloch Marina, in Marina Terrace, 200m from the race venue. Trailers are to be parked in the designated area. A special rate of $10 per launch and retrieval has been negotiated.
- The speed limit of 5 knots must be adhered to within the marina
- Normal Maritime regulations apply to all areas outside our allocated race venue. This applies to distance from shoreline and between craft.
- Skis must be kept clear of the water’s edge and be launched and recovered in the designated pit area before and after each race using a trolley
- Recreational riding is forbidden within the designated race course area for the duration of the event.
- All skis must be fully clear of the water for refueling. This is best done in the pit area.
- The pit area is smoke-free and alcohol free.
- Space is limited in the designated race site. Only official marquees and pit tents will be permitted. Easy-up style canopies may be erected in specified areas only, at the discretion of the AJSRA. These may not be patrolled by security and should be dismantled daily.
- No signage is permitted without prior consent of the AJSRA. This includes signage affixed to tents and banners. If you have signage you wish to display outside your pit tent please contact AJSRA and advise advertising details prior to arriving at the event. Personal sponsorship on your clothing and ski is permitted.
- No leaflets or flyers are to be handed out to competitors or the public without the prior consent of the AJSRA.
Registration and Scrutineering
Registration and Scrutineering will take place on Thursday 17th March from 11am-1pm and from 4pm – 6pm, Friday morning from 7am – 9am, and Saturday morning from 7am to 9am. If you cannot make these times you will need to arrange a suitable time with the event manager PRIOR to the event. All Race Numbers must be COMPLIANT. Failure to comply could cause the ski to fail scrutineering.
All competitors are required to be on site a minimum of 1 hour prior to riders briefing each day that they are racing. All riders MUST attend the official riders briefing on the day they are racing, no exceptions.
Remember to carry your NZJSBA or international race license with you. You will need to present this at registration. All riders will be required to complete a Race Indemnity Form prior to racing. Riders under 18 years will need a parent or guardian to sign for them. This form is attached to the Registration form. Indemnity forms must be completed and submitted at registration.
This will be held locally, at the Jack Nicklaus Golf Course Clubhouse on Sunday evening. Rider’s entry to this event is included in your registration. Additional tickets are $30.00 each and include a light meal. Beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks will be available through a cash bar. Tickets must be booked and paid for with your race registration.
Completing your Registration
Please ensure your entry form is fully completed and returned to the AJSRA before 10pm on 7 March. Late registrations will incur a $100.00 late fee, no exceptions. Your registration must be accompanied by full payment of race entry. Payments should be made directly into the AJSRA bank account.
The email address for all entries is Aucklandjetski@gmail.com. Posted entries and cheques should be sent to Auckland Jet Ski Riders Association, 46A Colonial Road, Birkenhead, Auckland in time to reach us by 7th March. If a class you have entered does not proceed, the fee for that class will be refunded.
If you need to contact us before the event please feel free to call:
John Wright, Club President, 027 444 8 222 or Diane Daly, Club Secretary, 027 419 6930 or email to Aucklandjetski@gmail.com.
Looking forward to hosting you all at Kinloch.