New Zealand Jet Sport Nationals
27th – 29th March 2015, Lake Roto Kohatu, Sawyers Arms Rd, Christchurch
Hosted by the Canterbury Jet Sports Club, Po Box 3294, Christchurch, www.canterburyjetsportsclub.co.nz
The CJSC welcome you to the 2015 New Zealand Jet Sport Nationals. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our event sponsors and those sponsors who continue to support The Canterbury Jet Sports Club and the Sport of Personal Watercraft Racing.
All entries must be received by the due date 13th March 2015. Should minimum entry numbers not be reached we will advise you of your options to enter other classes or forfeit your entry. All racing is to be held at Lake Roto Kohatu, Sawyers Arms Rd Christchurch.
All Novice and Veterans Classes will be run on Friday 27th March 2015, Expert/Elite classes will run Saturday 28th– Sunday 29th March 2015.
All hired pit tents must be booked by 13th March 2015 to confirm your allocation. These are on a first in first served basis. A booking form is attached.
We advise you book your accommodation early to avoid disappointment. We recommend staying at the ‘Race Course Hotel Motor Lodge’, 118 Race Course Rd, Yaldhurst, Christchurch. They have excellent rates, family style restaurant, bar, sports bar and plenty of parking and are 8 minutes drive from the race site. They have a nightly rate of $140 for a double (or twin) studio unit ($10 for 1 additional person if required. NB max of 3 persons per studio unit). Prize Giving will be held at the Race Course hotel on Sunday night. If you choose to book at other motel/hotels we advise you check the availability of off street trailer parking especially for accommodation on Papanui or Riccarton Rds and Bealey Ave.
There will be selected food vendors at Lake Roto Kohatu on Sat/Sun. A wide variety of food and drink will be available to purchase. If you have any selected dietary requirements we recommend you bring your own food with you.
Lake Roto Kohatu is leased to the CJSC by the Christchurch City Council, and accordingly all competitors must abide by the following regulations
- There will be NO trailer or ski parking at the waters edge. Trailers are to be left in the designated areas.
- Skis will need to be clear of the waters edge and launched and recovered in the designated area before and after each race using a trolley or tote.
- The use of ATVs will be permitted for launching and recovery of competitor craft ONLY. Absolutely no recreational riding or racing. A speed limit of 20kph applies for all vehicles operating in the lake reserve.
- Absolutely no refueling near the Lake edge. Refueling is restricted to the pit area away from the waters edge.
- The grounds are largely unsuitable for erecting tents due to the hard stony surface. We recommend hiring a pit tent from the CJSC (a booking form is attached). Tents are available to lease for the weekend (not daily). Limited number available, first in first served.
- The use of easy-up style tents is permitted however they MUST be securely weighted or you will be asked to remove it from site to protect hired marquees from damaged caused by privately owned windblown tents. Covers/roofs MUST be taken off overnight in case of wind gusts.
- To support our sponsors, no signage can be erected or displayed on site without the prior consent of the CJSC. This includes signage incorporated on tents and banners. If you have signage you wish to display outside your tent area please contact the CJSC and advise advertising details prior to arriving to the event. Personal sponsorship on your ski and clothing is allowed.
- No leaflets or flyers are to be handed out to competitors and/or spectators without the prior consent of the CJSC.
- Overnight security has been arranged for Friday and Saturday night to ensure the protection of any equipment you may choose to leave at the race venue.
- Av Gas is available to purchase at a number of locations. You will need to present your NZJSBA or international race license to purchase the fuel and use approved fuel containers. Please contact us for a list of suppliers.
Ferry Crossing Discount
We are currently working on securing a group booking discount with the
Interislander ferry. If you are travelling over the straight please advise us
And we will advise of the procedure to secure the discount.
Registration and Scruitineering
Registration and Scrutineering will take place on Thursday 26th March 2015 from 4pm – 6pm at the race site or at the completion of racing on Friday 27th March 2015 for a limited time (due to NZJSBA AGM). If you cannot make these times you will need to arrange a suitable time with event manager or Race director PRIOR to the event.
CJSC plan to open the track for controlled look laps in the afternoon of Thursday 26th March, and late Friday pending time allowance. These will be strictly controlled by CJSC and are NOT considered race practice… rather a chance to familiarize you with the track plan.
All competitors are required to be on site a minimum 1 hour prior to riders briefing each day that they are racing unless stated by the Race Director. All riders MUST attend the official riders briefing on the day they are racing, no exceptions.
Remember to carry your NZJSBA or international race license with you. You will need to present this to a CJSC official at registration.
We are finalizing prize giving ceremony now but can advise that it will include finger food including carved meat and rolls. Additional tickets to the Prize Giving Ceremony for your crew and family will need to be pre purchased; Riders Prize giving ticket is included in Entry fee. No ticket = no entry to prize giving. We will advise final details of this soon.
Please print clearly on all forms so we can clearly read your Name, Address, Phone and e-mail details. Once you have returned your entry to CJSC, we will contact you via e-mail to confirm your entry and further details.
We look forward to seeing you in March.
Lisa Dermott 0274 318 419 email@example.com
2015 Nats entry form Nationals Entry letter Nats Tent Booking NZJSBA Indemnity Form